It has been a busy weekend and week thus far. This past weekend in order to celebrate the Easter weekend, we went to Disneyland with Matt's side of the family. Little Johnson had its first trip to the "Happiest place on Earth." It was a lot of fun, but it is very different going to Disneyland as a pregnant lady. Not a lot of rides to go on. But I did enjoy the few that I did ride: Its a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Haunted House and the new Toy Story Ride at California Adventures. As Kim and Matt so nicely called Wayne and myself, we were the Fast Pass B&%$#@*. I did sneak onto a ride that "expecting mothers shouldn't ride" which was the Grizzly Rapids ride at California Adventures. I told Matt the next time we go, he will hold the baby and I will go on all of the fun rides since I held the baby this whole trip. He just laughs at me and says that is what grandmas are for.
Anyway, we are now in week 12. Finally, I am out of the 1st trimester and have nicely moved into the 2nd. My energy is back and I am not feeling queasy at all. It is very nice to wake up in the morning and not have to eat right away. I can take my time getting ready. Also, the house has been cleaned for the first time in a month... or... so. The "little one" is the size of a plum this week. Almost all of the important systems are fully formed and starting to function. We have moved from the creating stages to the growing stages and boy are WE growing. Or as Matt so lovingly says is that I have put on a few lbs. The "little one" is about 2 inches long and its fingers and toes are wiggling around.
Also, today I had my monthly appointment. The doctor said everything looks good and the baby's heart is beating very fast. When we went to listen to the heartbeat, the doctor would find it and then the baby would move. Then she would find it again and the baby would move. We did this a few times. Matt said the baby is a "mover and a shaker." Definitely the truth. The baby was all over the place. I just can't wait to feel the baby move. That will be very exciting. I should start to feel the baby by the end of the month. It is amazing how time flies. Also, I have only put on 2 pounds which is really good for the first trimester. But as each week passes the pants get a little tighter and a little harder to button. Only a little bit longer and I will be in what my sister so lovingly calls "the fat pants." Well, we will continue to keep you all updated.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.