Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

1st Unexpected Trip to the Doctor!

Okay... So this morning, I woke up and there was spotting. The OB nurse at my doctor's office said that since I am A- blood type to call whenever there is spotting. So I called the doctor on call and she said to call and come in today, just to make sure everything is okay. Luckily, my friend Lori was at school today so I didn't mind leaving my class with her. It was an AIMS testing day, of course. I was able to get in to the on-call doctor who is also wonderful. She said that there is a polyp and that is what caused the spotting this morning. Then she checked the baby and the heart beat was strong and beating away! Phew!!! I can't tell you how relieved I was. I got a couple of new pictures too as an added bonus. The not-so-funny-thing is that I was just joking around with Lori saying that I was going to say I had a little cramping so that I could get a picture sooner than 20 weeks. I will never joke about that again. I learned my lesson. Karma is out there. 

Oh, and I did get the Rhogam shot. This is to protect the little one since I am A-. I will get another one halfway through the pregnancy and again once the baby is delivered. Good times! 

I am sure this is the 1st of many unexpected trips to the doctor for this little one (if the little one is anything like my dad)... ear aches, stitches, colds... I am attaching the newest picture of the little one as well. It looks more like a baby than a blob. You can see the little head, arms and legs. Hard to imagine that in just a week and a half how much it changed. We will continue to keep you updated. 

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.