Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Friday, November 7, 2014

Said No Coach's Wife Ever!

Now that basketball season is underway, I thought I would start a new blog. Introducing a new section of my blog: "Said No Coach's Wife Ever!" For years I have thought about writing about the funny, annoying, wonderful, infuriating, unbelievable things that happen during basketball season. Literally, some of the things that happen during basketball season are unexplainable. It's just part of being a coach's wife. I often joke about being a single mom during the season. But it is true. By the time Matt gets home from practice, they kids are typically asleep for the night. 

Please understand, Matt is a great father and husband, but he is really busy during the season. If he isn't at practice or a game, he is thinking about practice or the game. Matt works really hard. He will even say that during the season, he sees the basketball team more than he sees us. When he is home, he spends as much time with Lucas, Macie and me. He plays with the kids and he helps around the house. But every once in awhile, you will notice that he zones out. When he does this you know... Basketball is on his mind. 

So I thought I would record some of the things that I encounter during the season. The things that make me laugh, the things the frustrate me, and the things that are amazing during this 5 month season. Even though the actual season is only 5 months long, basketball is actually about 10 months long. November-February is the actual season. April to July is summer basketball. July to October is open gym 2-3 nights a week. So I jokingly tell Matt, I get him the month of March all to myself. 

I hope you are able to enjoy the new section of my blog. I hope that it entertains you and you get a little sense of how our very hectic life runs. Welcome to Said No Coach's Wife Ever!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.