Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Friday, November 14, 2014

Happy 5th Birthday Lucas!

It is hard to believe that my little baby boy is now 5 years old. Time really does fly. I feel it was yesterday that I was pregnant with him. I can remember every moment of his birth. I remember right before he was born, Matt and I were watching a baseball game on t.v. and on the screen appeared the words Lucas Oil. At that time we didn't know what we were having. We had our names picked out if it was a boy or a girl. But when we saw Lucas Oil on t.v. it was a sign that we were having a boy. We have enjoyed every moment of being parents to a cute, rambunctious, loving, feisty, caring little boy!

This is the first year that he has really gotten excited about his birthday. Lucas has been counting down the days until his birthday since the first day in October. He loved to look at the calendar on my phone and count how many days left until his birthday. 

One of the things he really wanted for his birthday were tickets to a University of Arizona basketball games. So when tickets went on sale for the Red & Blue scrimmage, we were online buying tickets. These tickets sell out within the first couple of hours. The original plan was to only have Matt & Lucas go to the game, but our friends Lori & David had an extra ticket. So now all of us could attend the game. Macie is free since she is 2. We had a great time and the game & Lucas loved every minute of watching the boys play. Macie had a great time too, other than the fireworks at the beginning of the game. 


So excited for the game to start!
Funny face!


Go Cats!
 The night before his birthday, Matt and I blew up over 100 balloons to have out in the hallway when he woke up in the morning. We knew he would have a blast running through all of the balloons. And he loved it!
His last night as a 4-year old.
So sweet!
All of the balloons!
Macie enjoyed the balloons too!


His birthday breakfast!
Yes, I got up early to make pancakes and made a special #5 pancake just for him.
The best part of his birthday pancake, is that I got trick candles.
He thought it was hysterical that the candle kept relighting.
He said, "What is happening on my birthday!"
Too funny! 
The night of his birthday, we did a quick family celebration. Matt had open gym that night, so we ate dinner, opened up one of his presents and then had caramel brownies for dessert. Again, with a trick candle. 

That following Saturday, we had his birthday party. Again, this year we just had a family birthday party. I think once he is in Kindergarten we will start having a birthday party where he invites kids from school to celebrate his birthday. We just aren't there yet. 

Not only is Lucas into his birthday, he is also into Halloween. We his Aunt Kim asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he asked her for Halloween decorations. So I decided to throw him a Halloween birthday party. He even helped to make some of the dishes. 

7 layer spider dip!
Spider jello.
Mummy hot dogs.
Bat cupcakes. 
Lucas had a great birthday party with his family. He was very appreciative of all of his presents and enjoyed hanging out with everyone.
Macie and Kenzie hiding in the corner with some balloons.
Little trouble makers.
The kids enjoying the Halloween birthday dinner.
I love that they are such great friends.
Birthday cupcake time.
Another trick candle. You can tell by his expression that he knows it is coming. 

Present time.
Lucas got a marble run. This has been a huge hit.
He plays with it every day and builds something different each time.
The game "Sorry"
I am so sorry I got him that game because I am the only one who gets picked on during the game.
Check out these two sneaking off with a present.
I say it again... Trouble.
Lucas got a new tennis racket.
His other one is so scratched up from his weekly tennis lessons.
After the party, we headed to the zoo for the Halloween festival. We are so lucky that his birthday falls near this holiday. It has become a tradition that after his birthday we go to the zoo and trick or treat. The kids always have a great time getting candy. It is really fun that we get to have everyone come with us. We take both sets of grandparents, Lori and David, and Morgan and Kenzie. It really makes it so fun and a great way to celebrate!








It was a great celebration and I can't wait to celebrate his next birthday! Again, we love this little boy so much and we have enjoyed every minute! We are blessed to be his parents, even through the tough times and the wonderful times. Lucas made us parents and for that, we are forever grateful! He will always hold a special place in our hearts!

Happy 5th Birthday to my sweet little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.