Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Happy 91st Birthday Great Grandma!

There are some people in your lives that are truly special and one of a kind. To us, that is Matt's grandma! Or better yet, Lucas and Macie's great grandma! There are really no words that can explain how wonderful and loving she is to all of us, but especially to Lucas and Macie. The kids look forward to spending time with her. Macie is truly lucky because she gets to spend Monday through Friday with her. Lucas gets to spend every Friday with her. The memories that are being made daily are ones that we hold in our hearts! I know Lucas and Macie look forward to seeing her. When Macie gets to Grandma Johnson's house, she runs right up to Great Grandma and gives her a hug. Also, Macie has learned to say, "I love you!" So last week she said to Great Grandma, "I love you!" It is moments like that that show you the bond that my children have with her. Needless to say we are really lucky that our kids get to have time with their Great Grandma and to treasure these moments! 

Great Grandma with her children: Matt's mom (Mary Ann) and Matt's Uncle (Steve).
So a lady as special as her deserves to have a celebration! Especially when she is turning 91! So we had a party with party favors, cake and ice cream, and presents! I wish I had taken a picture of Lucas giving Great Grandma her flowers. It truly was priceless. The smile on her face and the smile on his face, so wonderful to see! 


Lucas singing "Happy Birthday" to Great Grandma!



But I think the hit of the party were the party favors. Lucas had a great time blowing them up and hitting people with them. Even Great Grandma got in on the action.


Lucas hitting Matt with his party favor!
There were a lot of laughs and some tears brought on by the party favors. Macie loved her party favor, but was not a fan of cousin Greg taking her picture. She immediately burst into tears when he took her picture! Funny!


This is when Macie realized Greg was taking her picture!
Immediately followed with tears and  saying, "I want Mommy!"
The Grandkids and Great Grandkids: Greg, Matt, Macie, me, Great Grandma, Lucas, Alison and Courtney.
It was a special day for a special lady! One we are all very fortunate to have in our lives! Happy 91st Birthday, Great Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.