Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Bike Rodeo Bonanza!

This past weekend, my school was having a Bike Rodeo. They have had it for several years, but I have never been. This year I thought it would be fun to take Lucas since he has become quite the bike rider. I  knew he would have a lot of fun. Plus the bonus for Matt was the breakfast burritos. I knew as soon as I mentioned the breakfast burritos, Matt was sold. So we loaded Lucas' bike and helmet in the car and off we went. 

There are several stations that you rotate through. The first stop is helmet checking. The firefighters check every child's helmet to make sure they are fitted correctly. Lucas' was good, but they did say that he might be ready for the next size up. After that station, you head to the Rules of the Road course. This is where they have different signs posted and teach the kids what each sign means as a policeman walks them through the course. He had a lot of fun. 





After the Rules of the Road, we headed to the Obstacle Course. This is where the kids ride their bikes through different things... Including a sprinkler. At first, Lucas wasn't too sure about going through the sprinkler, but even at 8:30 in the morning, it was hot enough that riding through the sprinkler felt refreshing!

Our last pit stop was the basketball court and the playground. I knew Lucas would want to run around on the court and go on the slides. Once Macie saw Big Brother going down the slides, she wanted out of the stroller. She had a blast!




Of course the best treat for Mommy and Daddy was the breakfast burrito and leaving before it got really HOT! I am so glad that we went and I know we will go back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.