Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Monday, May 28, 2012

While Dad is Away...

This weekend, Matt went on his annual trip to Vegas with his buddies. Luckily, my mom flew in to help with the kids. Not that I can't handle by to lovely children by myself... It is nice to have the help. She really is the best mom in the entire world! These four days while Matt was gone would have been completely exhausting if I didn't have her help.

So here are some snapshots of the trouble that we caused while Daddy was away... Plus these are some of the pics that I send Daddy so that he wouldn't feel so left out. 

Lucas got ahold of Grandma's electric toothbrush. As he was brushing his lips... He told me to take a picture. I am not lying. He really said, "Picture Mommy!"

Lucas brushing his lips.

Then Lucas is always such a helper with his little sister. He really does LOVE Macie. It is the cutest thing. I was preparing a bottle for Macie and Lucas asked to, "Give Macie bottle?" So of course, I let him give her a bottle. It lasted all of 30 seconds and he was done. But he was so proud of himself.

Look at the proud face!
I love that they are going to be good friends in the future... At least I hope so.
All done! Now it is Mommy's turn.
While Daddy is away, I am in charge of bathing both children each night. I do have a pretty good routine that we started while Matt has open gym for basketball. I take both kids up to our master bathroom because it has a shower and a bath tub. I start the shower and throw Lucas in to play. Then I bathe Macie in the tub. Once she is done, diapered, lotioned and clothed, I move on to Lucas. I wash his hair and rinse it. While I am bathing Macie, I give him a glow stick to play with in the shower. He thinks this is a blast. Plus it buys me plenty of time to get Macie bathed. This whole routine of bathing both children takes about 30 minutes. Good times. 

Can't you tell how much he loves playing in the shower!
I just love that smile.
Then I had a little girl who refused to take an afternoon nap. This doesn't sit well with Mommy because I LOVE and TREASURE my afternoon naps. Since Macie decided that she was too good to take a nap, I decided to paint her toenails. I must say that are pretty precious. Also, I love that I get to do such girlie things with her. On a side note, Lucas wasn't too happy that I didn't paint his toenails. He really didn't think it was fair at all. I had to explain that painting toenails is just for girls. 

Look at those pretty pink toenails.
Daddy wasn't too sure about it... But he didn't get a say since he was in Vegas.

Our last adventure was a trip to the zoo. I hadn't had the chance to see the new elephants and we have had the most gorgeous and tolerable weather, so it was the perfect day to go. It wasn't over a hundred degrees. I really do appreciate our little zoo. We were able to see the tiger, lions, otters, polar bear, feed the giraffe, see the new elephants all in an hour. Perfect! Plus I treated Lucas to an ice cream treat so that I could change Macie and feed her a bottle. Lucas was so happy and had a blast at the zoo. His favorite part was the ice cream. "Ice cream, yummy!"

How cute is this little boy!

How cute is this little girl!

We had a great time while Daddy was away!
But we are glad that he will be home tomorrow.
Mommy needs some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.