Lucas has been very busy lately... Well we have all been very busy lately. I am back on maternity leave just for 2 weeks (well now I have 3 more days) and it was time to have some fun and take care of business at the same time.
The first part of things to get done was taking Lucas for his 6 month dental check up. He has been such a good kid when it comes to brushing his teeth every day. In fact, he thinks it is a lot of fun. Thank goodness. I would hate to have to fight to get him to brush his teeth. This time I ventured to take him to the dentist all by myself! I wasn't too sure how this would play out, but Lucas did a great job. He let Dr. D. count his teeth, pick at his teeth and then brush his teeth. He only cried for about 5 minutes. That is my man. Of course, I rewarded him by taking him to ice cream after. Not really what I should be doing to reinforce good teeth habits, but he deserved it. AND so did I.
| Lucas sitting in the Big Kid chair. Sorry I took the pictures with my phone so they are a little blurry. |
| A very smart dentist to have a tv for entertainment. Lucas did ask Dr. D. to put on hoops for him to watch. That's my boy! |
Now it is time to have some fun! Last Friday was my school's Community Fair. I knew this year Lucas would have a blast. It was funny because Matt asked if there were things that Lucas could do there. I replied with a list of activities that Lucas could participate in. There was mini golf, football toss, basketball shot, pony rides, hockey shot and much much more! Lucas was such a good boy the whole time. He did run from game to game, but when it was time to leave he willingly got into the stroller and went home. The only problem is that I didn't get to participate as much as I wanted to because I had to work for most of the fair. So Daddy did a great job of playing with Lucas!
| Lucas playing the football toss. The parent volunteers were very impressed with Lucas' football throw. |
| How cute is this face! Can't you tell that he is having a blast? |
| Macie is representing in her Sycamore onesie! Next year she will get to play the games too! |
Now it is time for a little more business. Since the weather in Tucson has been very nice and VERY HOT it was time to put the cover on the pool. This year we had a new cover that we need to cut to form the shape of the pool. Of course Lucas wanted to help, but he is not allowed in the pool area without supervision and Matt and I would be very busy cutting the cover. SO lucas had to stay outside of the pool area. He was not very happy about this. (Macie was napping so don't think that we left her unattended either.) The whole time we were cutting the cover, Lucas was yelling at us, "Luke help!" "Luke do!" Too bad so sad little man. Then he started throwing every ball/toy that he could find on top of the cover. After we were done we did let him help us throw the extra cover pieces into the trash. Such a good helper.
| "Heavy!" Such a good little man. He is getting his work out. |
| Here are all of the toys, balls, golf clubs that he threw onto the cover! |
Now for a little more fun. Lucas' best buddy, Morgan, is turning 5 on May 10th and it was time to party hard! And that is just what we did. Since this was a milestone birthday for Morgan and she LOVES horses, Lori and David rented a pony to be at the party! I know. How cool is that! Lucas had a blast riding the pony with Morgan. He thought it was a riot that there was a pony to ride. He was a WILD CHILD!
![]() |
| Morgan and Lucas riding the pony. Just look at that HUGE smile Morgan has! |
![]() |
| Here are the cowpokes who attended the party (L to R: Macie, Lucas, Morgan, and Tyler. |
![]() |
| Since it was a Western Themed Party, here is Lucas sporting his bandana. I think he wore it for about 5 minutes. |
| "Hi Mom!" |
| Macie had fun at the party too! She is such a party girl! |
And of course what would spring be without a little spring baseball. The past few years we have been going to UofA baseball games. Matt has a former basketball player who plays third base for the team so we go to watch Seth play ball. Now that it is at a new stadium, it is even better. You can watch a little baseball and have a beer since it isn't on a college campus. Of course you have to drink your beer pretty fast if you go with Lucas because he only lasts about 3 innings and then he is, "All done!" Still good family time.
| Here is Seth. He was able to score a run for the Cats. |
| Here is Macie sporting her UofA onesie! Isn't she just so cute! |
All of that work and play leads to a VERY sleepy boy!






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.