Before I became a mother, my life was a little different.
1. I didn't know that there was a 5 am.
But now I love (as much as you can) those 5 am wake up calls, especially when the wake up call is smiling a HUGE smile. Hard to resist.
2. My house was clean and clutter free.
This is something that I struggle with, but have learned to live with. My little boy and baby girl are worth the clutter.
3. I loved to cuddle babies, but was alright to hand them over to their Mommy or Daddy when they started crying.
It is funny how your own child's crying can sound like white noise and I am very lucky that I get to be there to soothe and wipe away each tear.
4. The idea of changing a diaper, especially a poopy one, was not so pleasant.
This doesn't bother me one bit. Just part of the daily routine.
5. I could stay up late and sleep in late such as 10 am.
I will not lie that I still would love to sleep in. Trust me as much as I dread that my children are going to grow up... I do look forward to the days when they can get themselves breakfast and play by themselves so I can sleep in a little.
6. My house was clutter free. This is so important that I had to mention it twice!
Again... still learning to deal with it.
7. I could eat a full meal while it was hot without any interruptions.
I haven't had a full sit-down meal in ages, unless Matt and I go out on a date.
8. I could leave when I wanted and shop in peace.
Now to get out of the house, I have to make sure the following things have happened...
* Lucas has gone to the bathroom.
* Macie has been fed and ready to sleep in the car. Remember she hates the car.
* Make sure I take the i.Pad if we are going to be gone for a while. It entertains Lucas.
* Make sure the diaper bag is packed with snacks, bottles, juice, formula and changes of clothes for two. Just in case.
9. I only did two loads of laundry a week and was able to iron.
Now I do almost 5-6 loads of laundry a week. And I HATE laundry. I always have.
10. My most important job, was my career.
Now my most important job is my children. It is the best job that I have. I LOVE every minute. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I am very blessed to have such wonderful children. I love being a mommy! It is my favorite word, even if it gets overused sometimes.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.