Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lucas' First Birthday!

To finish out Lucas' first birthday weekend celebration, we had his party today! Again, I have to repeat myself to say that I can't believe it has been a year already! He has grown into such a happy toddler. We couldn't be any prouder. He had a great time at his birthday party!
So as a mom, I wanted to make his own first birthday shirt.
So I will give you the background story. I found the idea on the internet and put it into action. I made a trip to Michael's to get iron on paper. BUT I am too cheap to purchase color ink for my computer at home. SO I made a trip out to school to borrow the printer there, but it wouldn't work. Luckily Brian Turner (our site tech) offered to print it at his home for me. Unfortunately, he printed it backwards. Then we tried it a couple more times to print and the printer ate my last two sheets. I was not a happy lady. I really wanted to make his birthday shirt. Again, too cheap to buy color ink, I went to Kohl's and bought a first birthday shirt. It was alright, but not special. So I took a little time to think, got a little clever and made it work!
Isn't the shirt perfect? If I do say so myself!
Lucas' Aunt Shawna flew in from Colorado to help celebrate his birthday!
She got him the bead toy. Which he just LOVES!
He tries so hard to make them go where they belong.

Cousin Morgan came over to celebrate too!
They always have a blast together.
Morgan got Lucas a giant bouncy ball. They can play that for hours.
(Well, maybe for a few minutes).
Lucas is checking out Morgan's walker.
"Hey Morgan...I think we can rig this thing to make a game out of it. Want to try?"
Lucas got a recordable book of nursery rhymes from his South Carolina Family.
Aunt Kim, Uncle Wayne and cousins Noah and Abby!
He enjoyed listening to them read the stories to him.
We wish they could have been here. Maybe next year!
Aunt Lori and Uncle David got him a golf set.
Before the paper was off, Matt and David were already thinking of a game to play with it.
Not sure if it was really meant for Lucas and Morgan to play... or the other children...
(Matt and David).
Grandma and Grandpa Fildes got him a set of cars to play with.
He was interested in the tissue paper.
Then he saw the cars and was ready to play!
Grandma and Grandpa Johnson got him a little train and a giraffe riding car!
He had a ton of fun playing with both!

Matt insisted that ALL Lucas would want for his birthday was a football!
Lucas was more interested in the tissue paper again.
Once he realized there was a football and that he can play "Hut-Hut" with Daddy then he was super excited.
His BIG present from us was a little Radio Flyer tricycle.
He enjoyed it!
He enjoyed the ribbon a little bit more!

My para made his birthday cake.
Lucas LOVES Cookie Monster.
This was the cake that everyone else ate.
She added the basketball and baseball for Matt's sake.
This is the cake that Lucas ate and wore.
He wore the party hat for about 5 second, but he had to have one!
He wasn't too sure about us singing Happy Birthday!
He loved his birthday cake!
Especially the blue frosting!
He was covered literally from head to toe in blue frosting.
There was no way that a wash cloth was going to do the job so we headed strait for the bathtub.
All-in-all... I would say that Lucas had a wonderful first birthday!
Can't you tell by the face?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.