We had a great time in San Diego. It is so nice that Matt's basketball team participates in a tournament there. It really gives us a chance to escape town and have a little fun. Since the main purpose of the trip, we did make it to 3 of his 4 games. Truly, Lucas and Macie love basketball. Matt couldn't be a happier Dad. I think it means a lot to him that we support him and go to games. It is just a bonus that they LOVE to watch the boys play. I wish I had take pictures of Macie at the game. She sits in the stands and claps! So cute! Luckily I got a couple of pictures of Lucas. He really thinks he is a coach. He will shout at the boys from the stands. I think he watches what Matt is doing and the imitates it. Perfect!
 |
Lucas sporting Aunt Shawna's sunglasses. He kept saying, "Hollywood!" |
 |
Lucas putting on his rally cap. We were doing our best to bring on a win. Unfortunately, that was the only game they lost. It was close though. |
Now onto the fun part of the trip... Sea World. We were in San Diego for four days, two of which were travel days. So the two days we definitely made the most out of them. We decided to spend both of the days at Sea World because there is so much to see and then we could get to a couple of the shows as well. Plus I have year round tickets so it was cheaper than trying to do two different parks.
Lucas really enjoyed Sea World both days. Macie really enjoyed Sea World the second day. She was so not a fan on the first day. I think she was still trying to get her bearings and catch up on some sleep. She literally clapped as we were leaving the park on the first day! It was so funny! Here are some of the adventures that we had while exploring Sea World.
 |
Picture with the otter! I think we have one with the otter for the past few years. Lucas has never been afraid of the characters. |
 |
| Lucas and Grandpa Fildes on one of the Elmo Land rides. |
 |
| Lucas thought this was a blast. He kept saying, "Too fast!" |
 |
Morgan, Makenzie and Lucas getting their pictures taken with Elmo and Zoe. You can tell by the look in Lucas' face, that he really doesn't know who Zoe is. I think he was hoping that he would get to be with Cookie Monster. |
 |
| Lucas enjoying his lunch under the shade of a tree. |
These are pictures from our second day at Sea World. We got there early the second day and saw a lot of things that we haven't explored before.
 |
My littles and me in front of the Christmas Tree! Love them! |
One of my favorite moments from the second day is that they have a Santa Claus. We have never seen this before and Lucas was so excited to see Santa. I told him to be sure to thank Santa for his presents.
 |
Lucas waiting his turn to go in. He was so excited. |
 |
Lucas had fun... Look at the look on Macie's face... Lucas did thank Santa for his gifts. |
 |
Now look at Macie's face. NOT HAPPY! It is so funny! |
Then we found another little area that has different animals such as porcupines, lizards and other critters. Lucas loved looking at these animals.
 |
| Lucas checking out the porcupine. |
Of course my little explorer made his way to an area that isn't for 3 year olds. It is for staff only. I think he was using the bars as monkey bars or he thought he should be on staff. That's my boy!
After a little bit, we met up again with Morgan and Makenzie. Lucas has so much fun with Morgan. They are so cute together and have fun seeing things together.
Finally we made it to the part of Sea World that I have been wanting to see! The Wild Arctic! It is where the polar bears and manatees live.
 |
| Macie and Grandpa Fildes. They are little buddies. |
 |
| I love this picture! |
 |
| And this one too! She was so interested in it! |
 |
| This is a favorite as well! |
 |
| This is just precious! You can tell she is really taking it in. |
Then we made our way to penguin land. I never realized how many penguins they have in one little area. I also never realized how bad penguins smell. We really didn't spend too much time in there. The smell was overwhelming. We only stayed long enough to ride the moving walk way 3 times. Lucas really enjoyed the walk way. He thought it was a ride.
Then we made our way to what I think was Lucas' favorite part of Sea World... The sharks. Which if you know me, NOT my favorite. I get really claustrophobic when I am surrounded by water. It is totally because I am not a swimmer. I love the beach, but not being in the ocean.
 |
| Best buddies! |
 |
Walking into the shark tunnel together. I love how they are holding hands. |
 |
I giant great white swimming right over your head. Creepy! Lucas loved it! |
After our adventure with the sharks, we got to enjoy Lunch with Shamu! Thank you Grandma & Grandpa Fildes. Lucas had so much fun. He really enjoyed being right next to Shamu's tank and watching the tricks. Although, he got splashed once my Shamu and then he got right into my lap and said, "Shamu no get me!" From that point on he wouldn't return to his seat. I don't blame him.
 |
| Enjoying his lunch. |
 |
Macie enjoying her lunch. She ate a little bit of baby food, but LOVED the mac n cheese! |
 |
| This is how close you are to Shamu. A little too close for my comfort! |
We ended our last day with a little trip back to Elmo Land. Lucas wanted to get his picture taken again with Cookie Monster and I wanted Macie to get in on the fun as well. She missed out on the first day because she was napping.
 |
| One last ride with Mommy! |
 |
Macie was better with the characters, but I think it was because Grandpa was with her. Look how happy Lucas is! |
 |
Lucas got the biggest hug from Cookie Monster! Love it! |
That evening we made our way to Del Mar Race Track. They put up a ton of lights and you drive or walk around the race track and look at the lights. We chose to drive because it was cold and Macie was sleeping the whole time. Lucas loved it. He was fascinated with all of the lights. Who wouldn't be? It is magical!
 |
Lucas called this Disneyland Castle. Looks a lot like it. |
 |
His favorite scene! Santa is playing basketball with an elf! |
 |
| Another favorite... The elves playing volleyball! |
 |
How cool is that?
|
 |
| Lucas' absolute favorite part of the lights... |
 |
| A tunnel that you drive through that is covered with lights! |
 |
You couldn't have asked for a better trip! A smile that is worth a thousand words! Priceless! |
A special thanks to my parents and sister who joined in on the fun. I wouldn't have been able to do all of the things that we did with out them. They made taking two kids to Sea World and basketball so much easier! Poor Matt didn't get to do a lot of the things we did because he had to stay with the boys. One day when we go to San Diego, Matt will be able to get to experience all of these things with his kids. It was a great trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.