So I know you are all thinking that it has been awhile since I have blogged. It isn't that we haven't had things to blog, it is just finding time. I have started a new job, basketball season has begun and Lucas is walking. All three of those things combined have limited my free time. So tonight, I feel caught up with work, Matt is off at practice and Lucas is putting himself to sleep. Since I have been a bad blogger lately, I was trying to think of a fun way to recap what we have been doing this month. So since I am a former teacher... Yes... a former teacher (I am now the Student Achievement Teacher at my school). I decided to bring back an oldie, but a goody. We are recapping the month using an acrostic poem!
N - New Tricks! Lucas has learned some new tricks. Some of them we LOVE and some of them we HATE! I will start with the ones that we love. He is now putting his sippy cup in the cup holder on his tray. Followed by a trick we hate, he smiles at us and then throws it down on the floor. He thinks he is so funny! Lucas loves to chase his dog around and steal his toy. We love this new trick. But the trick we HATE the most... is that he is gagging himself. He will continually put his hand in his mouth and gag. He just laughs at us when we scold him for doing this. If anyone has any tips for stopping this, please let me know! It is the worst!
This is Lucas' new Pillow Pe.t.
His Aunt Shawna is wrapped around his little finger and bought it for him!
He loves to drag it around the house.
O - Oh S*$^! So on Matt's birthday, Lucas and I were playing in the living room/play room and Lucas tripped on one of his toys and hit his head on the tile floor! He started crying, I freaked out, and Matt was at basketball preparing for his Copper Navy game. I grab him and start consoling him and I feel the world's largest goose egg on his head. I call Matt and he comes home. I call my friend Lori and she comes down. Both of them reassured me that Lucas was fine. He was crying anymore and was laughing. I was still a nervous wreck and called the nurse on call. She reassured me that Lucas was fine. I quick give him a bath and we head to Matt's game. The whole time we are there, he is running around and playing. He is just fine and I know this will be one of many bumps and bruises.
If you look really closely, you can see the goose egg on the left side of his head!
Poor little man.
V - Very tired! We are all very tired in this house. This is for a few reasons. First, Lucas has decided that he might no longer need 2 naps a day. I am not very excited about this. I have to admit, I really like napping in the morning when he goes down. Second, Lucas has also been teething like a mad man. He is currently cutting 4 teeth which means that there are many wakeful nights. I feel so bad for him! I can't wait for all of his teeth to come in. I know the reality of this is far away, but one can dream.
This picture speaks for itself!
E - Expressive! Lucas is a talker. He talks (babbles) all day long. He talks as he is running around the house, he talks while he is eating and he talks in his sleep. There isn't a quiet moment in our home anymore. Some of Lucas' words include: Mama, Dada, dog, ball, go and Gobble Gobble. He even tries to say Husker's name. He is so cute when he tries to call Husker. We are always wondering how two quiet people such as myself and Matt, can have such a LOUD baby! But we love him even if we will never have a quiet meal again.
M - Memories! Each day we are creating fun memories in this house. Lucas is such a wonderful little boy. We are truly blessed. He is into everything and wants to explore his world. He checks out everything and wants to know how things work.
B - Birthdays Galore! This month has been very busy with birthdays. I celebrated my 31st birthday and Matt celebrated his 33rd. We love this month for many reasons, but it is fun to celebrate our birthdays
E - Ever Thankful! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My sister flew in from Colorado and she cooked the turkey. I made the sides while Matt's mom made the pies! It was such a nice day. Very relaxing and perfect. Lucas enjoyed eating everything on his plate and we ALL enjoyed leftovers for days!
Lucas enjoyed a little bit of everything.
One of his favorites was a black olive.
But his all time favorite was the pumpkin pie!
R- Relieved! This is because we put up our Christmas tree and it is still standing. Lucas loves looking at the tree and all of the lights. My favorite part of his interaction with the tree is that Lucas will run to it, gently touch it and the run away laughing! He will repeat this over and over. He gets such a kick out of it!
See how he is trying to put the ornament on the tree!
He would place it on the tree and then clap!
Followed by taking it off the tree and repeating the process all over again.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.