Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Sunday, March 21, 2010

5 Months

I know it has been awhile since I have updated, but we have been enjoying our Spring Break. We took a rode trip up to Colorado and I didn't want to post until I could add those pictures to the blog. So here we go... Lucas is now 5 months old. He has learned a lot of new things during this month. He is growing everyday, as well as his hair. Which Matt wants to cut so badly, but I just can't stand to do so. He is just so little still. Here are all of the things that Lucas has experienced this month.




Here are his 5 month old stats:
weight: 17 pounds
length: 25 inches
size clothes: 6-9 months
size socks: 6-12 months.
teeth: none, but teething has taken over. He is constantly chewing on things (especially fingers) and drooling like crazy.
Top 10 Things Lucas Did Before He Turned 5 Months Old!

1. Survived RSV once. He got over it when we were in Colorado, but then it reappeared once we got back to Tucson so now he is back on breathing treatments for a little while.
2. Made a long rode trip to Longmont, Colorado. He did such a good job of traveling. Which was rewarded with spending a lot of time with his cousins Rylie and Piper. They had a great time playing together and laughing.

3. Met the "bumpus hounds." My parents have 2 golden retriever dogs, a shitzu and Aunt Shawna's dog, Herbie. Lucas laughed so hard that he got the hiccups. He is a dog lover for sure.



4. Made a trip to Eagle, Colorado to visit my cousins Noah and Abby. Noah and Abby made him a jungle to play in since Lucas missed his one from home so badly.


Mom and Dad went skiing in Beaver Creek.

Dad did great.
Mom was ready to quit at lunch, but made it through the day (she almost threw the instructor off of the mountain).




5. Got to see and feel my first snow. Not sure what to make of it, but it is cool to look at.


6. Went to my cousin Rylie's Odyssey of the Minds contest. It was an interesting event and she did a great job.


7. Went to my Aunt Shawna's house warming party where I got to have my first taste of sweet potatoes.
Also, Uncle Wayne snuck in a drink of water. I thought this was pretty tasty.
And capped off the party by falling asleep in my Aunt Shawna's bed.
8. Went to the greatest place in Denver, Colorado called Casa Bonita. You don't go there for the food, but for the sopapillas and the cliff divers.
Check out the snow. It is so beautiful
Everyone enjoying the food. I say this lightly, but you really have to go if you are in Denver.

Grandpa took me to see the giant gorilla. I didn't even cry when I saw him.
This is the giant cliff with the waterfall.

You have to play a little skit ball when you go. It is always a challenge to see who gets the best score and Aunt Shawna won.
Hanging out with my cousins: Noah, Abby, Rylie and Piper.
Sound asleep from all of the fun.
9. Took my first airplane ride. I did a great job. I slept most of the way and then woke up for a little game of peek-a-boo with Dad for the last 30 minutes. You couldn't have asked for a better traveler.
Hanging out in the terminal
Taking the tram ride over to the concourse.
Look how happy I am to travel.
Always fun to play peek-a-boo.
10. Went to my first Spring Training game. I was totally into my Dad's beer, but he wouldn't share.
Check me out in my Cubs shirt.
It is size 6 months, but you can see my bottle gut hanging out.
Time for a new Cubs shirt.


I know it is the Top 10 Things, but I have to add just one more.

11. I learned how to roll over from my back to my belly and back. I think it is such a funny thing to do.

We couldn't be more proud of all of the things that Lucas has learned. He is such a great baby and we truly are blessed. We are just ready for him to get over this RSV thing! Anyway, we will continue to keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. He is getting so big and he's just as adorable as ever! Love his hair!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.