Time has been flying by lately... I just don't know where the time has been going. It has been going by so fast that I haven't even had the chance to blog about Lucas starting PreK or Lucas starting tennis lessons. So here is a quick post recapping Lucas' Open House Night, Lucas' first day of school and pictures of his tennis lessons.
It is really hard to believe that Lucas is now in his final year of preschool. Next year he will be starting Kindergarten which just totally freaks me out! I am also freaking out because in 22 days he will be 5. What!!! How could that happen. He is supposed to stay my little boy forever! So back in July Lucas started PreK. Lucas has the best teacher, Ms. Kate. I have known her for a few years and I knew she would be a great fit for Lucas. She loves to do science experiments, they cook at least once a week and she challenges him academically. Plus, he loves her and that is all that matters! Lucas truly enjoys going to school which is a blessing! He has had a great start to the school year and I can't wait to see how the rest of the year goes for him. I know it will be great!
These are some of the pictures from Open House!
| Sorry the picture is so dark... But look at that smile on his face! He is so excited! |
| Of course, Little Miss Macie needed in on the action. |
The hardest part of Lucas going to school is that his first day of school is also my first day of school so I miss the picture taking and the walking him into class. But I am very lucky that Matt doesn't start school until a week later so he is able to take the first day of pictures and to walk him into class. Also, the best part is that Lucas' school is on the same campus as Matt's school so Matt gets to take him to school every day.
| My big kid! |
| Just love his smile! |
| Again... Little Miss Macie needed a first day of school picture. |
This summer Matt and I were debating on whether to sign Lucas up for soccer again in the fall or try something different. Lucas has always enjoyed playing tennis with Matt in our driveway so we thought why not try tennis lessons. Man, we were so happy we made that choice! He has enjoyed every lesson. We signed him up for 5 lessons and because he loved it so much, we signed him up for an additional 5.
I love how the lessons are set up. There are four rotations with a coach for each rotation. There are usually about 4-6 kids in each group. During the rotations the kids get stickers for trying and at the end of the hour, they put their stickers on a sticker chart. Once the sticker chart is filled up, they get to pick a prize out of the treasure box. It is just perfect to keep the kids motivated and excited. Every once in awhile we get a wave from him or he comes over for a water break. Other than that he plays and works hard. Lucas truly loves tennis! Here are some pictures of him during his tennis lessons!
| Macie can't wait to be older so she can play too! |
| Putting his stickers on his sticker chart! |
Our future tennis star!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.