As soon as we booked the hotel and purchased the tickets to go to Disneyland, I set off to create shirts for Lucas and Macie to wear on our first day of Disneyland. I love Pinterest. It has so many ideas so I looked at a couple and made shirts for the kids. Super easy and no sew! Here is how you make them in case you want to make shirts similar to this the next time you go...
1. Items that you will need include: plain white shirt (or color of your choice), black fabric, ribbon for a Minnie shirt, red puff paint, and Stitch Witch (the no sew part).
2. I made cut outs of Mickey along with the kids initials in Disney font on card stock to trace onto the black fabric. Once I traced the Mickey template, I cut it out and used Stitch Witch to attach them to the shirts using an iron. Super simple!
3. I let those cool off and then traced their initials using red puff paint. I also traced around the Mickey with the puff paint. I did this for two reasons: 1. to make it look super cool and 2. to make sure the ears didn't peel up off the fabric.
4. Finally I made a bow for Macie's shirt to turn it into Minnie. I attached that with a little hot glue. You can seal the ends of the bow to avoid fraying in two ways: use clear nail polish or use a flame to burn the ends of the bow.
I think they turned out pretty cute... If I do say so myself!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.