I figured since I did an All About Lucas post, I should do an All About Macie post. Macie is your typical 2 year old. She has her 2 year old moments along with the sweet, loving moments. She has her gumby doll moments and will throw herself on the floor throwing a fit and then a second later laughing her head off at something her brother is doing. She will run into the other room and hide behind the curtain pouting and then come in saying she is "happy now." I just love her! We call Macie our little sassafras. But I wouldn't trade her sassiness for anything in the world!
Macie is so jealous of her brother being in school. She literally can't wait until she is old enough to go to preschool. So Grandma Johnson tries to accommodate her need for school by taking her once a week to "Library School." The kids sing songs, make arts and crafts and read stories. Macie just LOVES it. She looks forward to Wednesdays because she knows she gets to go to Library School. Here are some pictures of Macie having fun at "school."
| Macie doing the Bean Bag song. This is her favorite song! |
| Look at how good she is behaving... There is hope for her in school! |
After our trip to Texas I decided to take my car to the carwash thinking the kids would love it. Lucas has always enjoyed it and I was pretty sure my thrill seeker Macie would too. Boy was I wrong. Poor thing hates the carwash. She totally freaked out! Lesson learned. Now anytime you mention getting the car washed she says she won't go.
| Look how scared she is. |
| Poor girl! |
Macie has a best friend! She truly enjoys playing with her friend Kenzie. And they are two peas in a pod. They can be a little mischievous. Lori and I are placing bets on how many times we might be called into the principals office because they can be little stinkers or how many times they will be sitting out of recess... But I am so thankful that they are going to have this friendship and hopefully they will have this friendship for a lifetime!
| If you look closely they are both throwing rocks. Trouble with a capital T! |
Over the summer we decided to move Macie into a Big Girl Bed. Trust me this is something we were not looking forward to. We enjoyed the fact that she was confined in a crib. But the confinement was working out so well for us. She kept climbing out of her crib or falling out. So we had to make the move for her safety. We were lucky enough that summer was right around the corner because we knew the nights were going to be a little rough at first. The in and out, the back and forth, the refusal to go to sleep, etc.
The first night of moving her in the bed, she fell out. So then we had to get one of the bed rails. This has kept her in better. The other issue was falling asleep. So I would lay with her until she fell asleep. But that didn't work out so well in her little toddler bed. Luckily Grandma Johnson had a spare full sized bed and we quickly moved her into that bed. We still have the bed rail up because she is a mover and a shaker when she sleeps. We are slowly getting into a routine. She has been putting herself to sleep, but she is still waking up in the middle of the night. So now we are working on breaking the habit of me falling asleep with her. Fingers crossed we can break this soon.
| Asleep in her Big Girl Bed! |
Lastly Macie fell to the flu that was going around the schools the during the last month of the school year. We have been so fortunate that Macie has never had the flu until this point. If she is going to get the flu at least she got it the first weekend of Summer Break! I am so happy that it was at the beginning vs. the end. She was quite the trooper. But I am not a fan of the flu. It is so hard to train a 2 year old the proper place to use when she is sick. It just ends up everywhere. It is the worst! Another plus it that is was only 24 hours and gone AND no one else got it!
| So precious! |
| She totally crashed the next day and slept the majority of the day! |
So there is the All About Macie report!
We just love her from her head to her toes and mostly her cheesy smile!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.