A week ago we received an email from Lucas' teacher letting us know that Lucas was going to be the Star Student that week. He has been waiting for this all quarter. Waiting fairly patiently. Every week he lets me know who was the student of the week and what they brought in to share. So when he got the news that he was finally Star Student, he was super excited.
The students are assigned a letter and they need to bring in something that starts with that letter. Lucas' letter was "G." I can't tell you how that brings up so much anxiety for me. Let me tell you a little story about when I was in Kindergarten and my letter was "G." This was because my name starts with the letter "G." I was so excited because on Fridays my Kindergarten teacher brought in a food to share with the class that started with said letter. I couldn't wait to see what she would bring in for "G." Would it be grapes? Would it be gum? Oh no... She brought in green olives. No kindergartner likes green olives. So sad. So I wasn't about to bring in green olives for Lucas to share with the class.
Lucas wanted to bring in his golf club. That was a big NO. I didn't think Ms. Jill would appreciate Lucas bringing in a huge golf club into her class. So we made a "G" collage on green paper. Check us out. On the poster we had a picture of Lucas playing golf, a picture of Lucas with Goofy and a picture of Lucas at gymnastics. Lucas also brought in his baseball glove. Then Lucas brought in Gummie Bears to share with the class as a treat.
Later that day we got an email from his teacher with pictures of Lucas sharing his poster with his class. Lucas and I practiced the night before on how to present. He was so cute practicing at home. He had Macie and I sit on the floor and he would tell us about his poster. Adorable! Ms. Jill said he did a great job telling about the pictures and making sure each child got to see the poster. Also, she said that the students LOVED the gummie bears. I am sure they did... After all, they weren't green olives!
![]() |
| Way to go Star Student Lucas! |






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.