Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Friday, July 15, 2011

A Trip to Remember!

So as many of you know school is back in session. So I have been a little busy and haven't updated the blog. As my sister so kindly reminded me... "Father's Day was a LONG time ago!" So I am going to do a quick recap of our last vacation with more to come. Part of the reason I haven't updated is that I am waiting for pictures from other family members because wouldn't you know it. We go on vacation and my camera decides not to cooperate. Typical.

So here is a little taste of our vacation to South Carolina. I know most of you are thinking, "Why South Carolina?" Well, Matt's sister and her family moved there a year ago and we decided to visit. It ended up being a wonderful vacation and an opportunity for a two-part family reunion. Two parts because my family joined us for part one of the trip (Myrtle Beach) and part two because Matt's Nebraska family joined us at the Lake House. Such a great time seeing all of the cousins together.

I won't go into too much detail about the 4 hour plane ride to Atlanta followed by the 1 hour plane ride to Greenville. But Lucas was a trooper and did a great job! Of course there were moments when Matt and I were hoping that he would just fall asleep and he would when we would touch DOWN. To say the least, we were very happy when we made it to our final destination.

The first part of the trip started in Greenville, South Carolina where Matt's sister and her family live. We got to play with the cousins, see my family and see Kim and Wayne who we haven't seen since Christmas. Lucas had a blast playing with his cousins and jumping on the trampoline. He thought it was so funny.

Lucas was so happy that there was a basketball hoop so that he could keep up his training.
Here Lucas is playing, "Night, night" with his cousins Piper and Abby.

The following day we were making our way to Myrtle Beach where we all stayed in a sweet. Now keep in mind that there were 16 of us. But Matt and I had to make the day a little extra special for everyone. Lucas had a special shirt made for him for the trip to Myrtle.

The shirt reads," I am the big Kahuna..."
"To a little Kahuna!"
If you haven't figured it out by now... Don't worry it took the family a little while to figure it out as well. In fact they needed a little prompting. My dad read the shirt and never made the connection. My mom read the shirt and thought it just meant that Matt was the Big Kahuna. Well, the meaning of the shirt is that Lucas is going to be a BIG brother! Yes folks, Matt and I are expecting Baby Johnson #2 in February. At that time I was almost 8 weeks pregnant. After a lot of tears (my mom, me and Lucas-the sympathy crier), yelling, and a little bit of threatening (because Matt likes to tease others) we were able to load the cars and make our way to the beach.

He is going to make a GREAT big brother!


Lucas is a huge fan of the beach for those of you who remember San Diego from earlier this summer. Plus, the Atlantic is WAY warmer than the Pacific. It is like bath water. Lucas had a great time running in and out of the waves, flirting with twin 20 month old girls and throwing sand.
My little beach bum!


Cousins Abby and Piper.
They had a great time boogie boarding in the ocean.
I would love to share a picture of Noah and Rylie as well, but again camera drama.
Uncle Wayne and Lucas enjoying the ocean.
Grandpa Johnson and the little fish.


Noah was so kind to take Lucas for a ride on the lazy river, but Lucas wanted his own tube.
So independent.
After 3 fun-filled days at Myrtle Beach, it was time to take a quick 24 hour rest back in Greenville so that we could wash clothes, repack and head to the Lake House to meet the Nebraska family. Luckily the day we headed back was also the 4th. Lucas wasn't too sure about the fireworks at first. They were a little loud, but by the end he was saying, "Boom! Boom!" That's my boy! He is going to LOVE fireworks!

Here is a picture of all of the cousins.
Piper, Noah, Abby, Rylie and Lucas.
If you look closely, Lucas is trying to give Noah a fist pump!
After a great time with my family at Myrtle, it was time to head to the Lake House. Just as I mentioned before there were 16 of us in Myrtle, there are now 20 of us at the Lake House! And the house was able to provide beds for all but 2 people who slept on a couch instead. That just gives you a little idea of how HUGE the house is. Plus, it had a speedboat for our use! Bonus!

This is the part where my camera decided to really not work so I don't have a lot of pictures of this part. Hopefully, I will get some soon that I can add later. Which makes me a little bummed because I would have loved to capture all of the family to preserve on the blog and later in his blog books.

The only real issue with the trip was that Lucas was not the best sleeper. But keep in mind that he was in 3 different places in 7 days and there was fun to be had. He didn't feel the need to sleep all that much. Which can make for a little bit of a cranky toddler. BUT... We had a great time with Matt's Aunt and Uncle, his cousins and all of their kids. It is so nice too because all of the cousins were able to entertain Lucas so that we could eat dinner without having to be right next to him. Yay for all of the babysitters.

Here is Little Man in a life vest.
Not really a fan of it, but necessary.
Here is the fish swimming in the lake with Daddy!
He had a blast.
Definitely a trip to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.