I can't believe it is that time of year again. My little man is going back to school! The summer flew by really fast. Lucas has been looking forward to school all summer long. Every day he would ask if he had school that day.
So when Open House came for his preschool, he was so excited to go. Of course his Open House would fall on the same night as my school's Open House. So we had dinner and went up to his preschool. As we were walking into his school Lucas asked, "Are we going to Ms. Terry's room?" Which the replay was no. Lucas is a year older so he is in a different classroom. At that point, Lucas crossed his arms and said he wasn't going to school. Then when I told him that Christian, his BFF, was going to be in Ms. Jill's class with him then he was ready to go back to school. So silly!
This time we had to visit with two teachers. Lucas is going full day and would have a morning teacher and an Enrichment teacher. Both teachers were very nice and Lucas had fun looking around each room. More importantly, he was so happy because a lot of his friends from last year are in his morning class. Mostly his BFF Christian. Another funny part of the night was when we went to his Enrichment class. The teacher told us that they eat lunch in there and then it is followed by a 2 hour nap. Funny! This little man hasn't napped in over a year. We asked what happens if they don't nap to which she replied that we will be surprised because he will. Matt and I just looked at each other in disbelief. At that point I had to duck out to head to my school. Matt and Lucas stayed awhile and Lucas played on the playground and met up with Christian for a little bit to play.
Monday rolled around and Lucas was so excited to go to school! The hardest part for me was that I couldn't take Lucas to school and drop him off. My school starts on the same day and I can't be in two places at once. Matt took Lucas to school while I dropped Macie off with Grandma Johnson. Matt earned bonus points because he took pictures of Lucas in the morning for me. He took one at home and then one in front of his classroom. Such a great dad!
![]() |
| I can't believe how Big he looks in this picture! So grown up! |
![]() |
| In front of his classroom! Look at that HIGE smile on his face! |
I got an email from his morning teacher and this is what she said, Thank you so much for sharing Lucas with me. He has had a great week so far. He has done a great job learning and following the school routine. He is also doing an excellent job learning the words to our Good Bye song. I am glad to hear he is enjoying it. He really is a joy to have."
![]() |
| Thumbs up for a great day at school! |






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.