Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Colorado Summertime Fun!

Every year we take a summertime trip to Colorado. Some times Matt can come and some times he isn't able due to summer basketball. Well this time Matt wasn't able to come. But the kicker was that I was taking both kids to Colorado versus one. I am a pro at taking one kid, but now I have to travel with two WITHOUT Matt. Luckily my mom was so sweet and flew out here so that she could fly back to Colorado to help me. She was a lifesaver through the whole trip. Luckily Lucas and Macie were perfect on the airplane. Even though I had to be screened because Lucas' carseat set off an alarm. Keep in mind that I had Macie in a carrier that I had to take off and let an security employee hold her while I was being screened. Good times. 

My cute little traveler. She slept the whole way!
Love her!
Lucas either watched a movie on the i.Pad or played games on my phone!
Love him!

Anyway we had a really good time in Colorado. We did a lot of fun things while we were there and it was so nice to escape the heat. Not going to lie. I really don't care for the 100+ degree heat. I am a Colorado girl and love me some 80 degree heat. That is my kind of summer weather. Also, this would be the first time that my nieces Rylie and Piper would get to meet Macie. I couldn't wait for all of the cousins to hang out together!

One of our favorite things to do while we are in Colorado is to go crawdad fishing with a bunch of friends. We always plan it for one of the first days while we are there. We don't keep any of the crawdads. We throw them back in or have a crawdad race at the end, but it is a lot of fun. I was especially excited to take Lucas this time because I knew that he would truly enjoy it. The last couple of times he just watched and didn't participate. This time he was all about catching the "Big Bugs!" That is what Lucas called them. So funny! 




Can you tell that he is working hard... Check out the tongue hanging out in concentration.
Fishing for "Big Bugs" with Aunt Shawna.

Here he is scooping up one in his net.
Waiting so patiently for a "Big Bug" to pull on the fishing line.
Fishing with his Grandma.

The cousins fishing together with Grandma.
Cousins! Rylie, Piper and Lucas.



The best part is when he would catch a crawdad, he would just scream and get so excited! It was just too cute! Oh, and he did fall into the creek. We were right there to catch him, but we knew it was coming because he kept creeping closer and closer to the edge. He was not too happy when it happened, but then once he wiped the mud off he was laughing about how he fell into the creek. He would say, "I fall in the creek. Funny!"


Another one of Lucas' favorite things about Grandma and Grandpa's house is the dogs. My parents have 3 dogs. Two of which are the most gentle golden retrievers. Sometimes there would be 5 dogs in the house if my sister brought over her two dogs. They would let Lucas feed them and pet them and even lay on them. He LOVED feeding the dogs. We would put the dogs outside and then fill the bowls. Then he would go and stand right by the sliding door while we let them in. He would just laugh the most heartiest laugh and then chase after them watching them eat. You couldn't help but smile because of his excitement.

Such a sweet Buster letting Macie and Lucas lay on him.

Of course Grandma and Grandpa had sports equipment for to keep Lucas entertained. We played a lot of basketball, baseball, volleyball, soccer and golf while we were there. It was so nice outside that you WANTED to be outside during the daytime.



One day we took a trip to Aunt Shawna's school. I know you would think that this looks like a high school, but in fact it is an elementary school. A VERY fancy elementary school. It was gorgeous inside and out. You couldn't help but he in awe. 
The school has so many pretty things about it and one of those is a mineral garden in the front lobby. Of course what does my son do... Make a guess. Oh yeah, he peed on it. Take that pretty school. To make it worse, he did that in front of the principal. SO SORRY! My sister said every time she walks past the mineral garden, she is not going to look at it in the same way... Ever again. Way to go Lucas.

Grandpa and Lucas shooting some hoops at the school.
As I mentioned before it is so nice to be outside and we took advantage of it. We made smores and ran in the sprinkler. Although I am not sure if Lucas is truly related to me because he wouldn't eat a smores. Come on little man. They are so delicious. It is full of sugar. Who wouldn't want one? 

Aunt Donna taking Macie for her first run through a sprinkler.
Lucas running through the sprinkler. Yes, he isn't wearing pants.
They are optional during the summer if you didn't know.
One of his favorite things to do was to lay a kickboard on top of the sprinkler...
Then pull it off!
We did this several... Several times!
Always a riot... Every time!
Macie working on her surfing skills.
She looks like a pro!
Also, Lucas loved being swung through the sprinkler. Yes, we had an outfit change on put on a pair of swim trunks.
I apologize that you have to look at my rear during the video... But is too cute not to share.
 

 The best part was just hanging out with the family and getting in some wonderful quality time with the grandparents, aunts and cousins. Truly special memories that my children will have for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.